Investing in Hyperinflation fund???

Monday, July 13, 2009 |

Several of my co-workers know that I am really into personal finance topic. They know that I keep telling them to continue to invest their money in low cost index funds even as the market is going down. I told them that they need to buy low and sell high, not buy high and sell low....

Anyway, one guy told me that his adviser suggested that he puts some of his money to hyperinflation fund. He thinks US is going to reach hyperinflation period since the Fed has been printing money crazily. While I agree that Fed has been printing too much money, I don't agree with investing in Hyperinflation fund. I think he should just keep investing in diversified low costs index funds. But I don't have any proof, thus naturally, I go to FundAdvice.com to see if they have anything regarding inflation and what to do with it. And this is why I love FundAdvice.com, they have an article that I am looking for. FundAdvice.com - Inflation, politics, history and investments. If you want more detail research, check out FundAdvice.com - Inflation: Will your investments protect you? It is rather long, but really details.

As I believe, proper diversification and asset allocations has proven historically to help protect the risks of high inflation or even deflation. Of course there is no guarantee based on historical results, but I think it is the best we can do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin