My investment style

Monday, July 6, 2009 |

Consider this as disclosure about myself. I am a believer in index style investing. I invested almost all in index funds, primarily through Vanguard. To be more detail, I tried to follow Fund Advice model portfolio. My wife and I put most of our retirement money in Vanguard Roth IRA, following Vanguard Tax-Deferred Model Portfolios from FundAdvice. We also have taxable investments with Vanguard, again following FundAdvice's Vanguard Tax-Managed Model Portfolioo. I will disclose more information about our investments in the future.

As with the case with most people, I used to invest in individual stocks. I have lost quite a lot investing in individual stocks. I have also ventured to options, again while I make some, I lost quite a lot too. Then I moved to ETF, but I found the temptation of tinkering with my investment all the time, thus ended up with paying a lot of commissions and beat the purpose of keeping the investment costs low.

I don't invest in real estate, other than my own home with we own fully without mortgage. We paid it off two years ago, considering that I am only 30 years old at this time and my wife is 33 years old, that is quite an accomplishment.

I think that is enough disclosure about myself and I also don't want to bore you too much with information about myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin